6 fresh garlic cloves
1 large egg or 2 egg yolks
1 1/4 cups Vergezocht HO oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the garlic cloves in a food processor or blender and mince. (Or you can do it by hand.) Add the egg and process briefly.
- With the processor running on low, very slowly pour in half of the Vergezocht HO oil.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Gradually pour in the remaining Vergezocht HO oil and process just until the mixture thickens.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Add salt, pepper, and any other seasonings of choice. Cayenne pepper also works really well.
- Cover and chill in the fridge.